Fiber Optic lighting is good for applications where space is limited and lower light output is desirable. It is also a good choice for situations where durability is a factor, the color may need to change later or oscillating colors are wanted.
- Fiber Optic lighting requires very little maintenance. The Fiber Optic cable will last for decades without any maintenance at all. Likewise the life of the illuminator is indefinite, with occasional lamp replacements. This eliminates re-lamping where tubes are in difficult to reach locations.
- There are dozens of colors available, and it is possible to change colors, or have several colors run at the same time.
- Coves or channels for Fiber Optic lighting can be as small as 3/4 inch by 3/4 inch.
- Fiber Optic lighting cable is narrow, durable and very flexible, making it the best choice for very small cavities.
- Fiber Optic cable emits a continuous even amount of light without interruptions or deviations of any sort.